On Jun 5, 2007, at 7:10 AM, parussel wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  It appears that the Delicious JSON API is no longer responding to
>  requests from google.
>
>  The URL http://del.icio.us/feeds/json/russelldad/books?raw works fine
>  when navigated to in a web browser.
>
>  However, when I try to get the same URL via google's home page proxy I
>  get the following result:
> http://russelldad.googlepages.com/yahoo_error.html

Thanks for the message.

I've escalated the problem-submission error to the appropriate group so
that they can look into that bug and hopefully they'll have it fixed
shortly.

As to the error, it's because whenever a user adds the module to their
homepage (and, presumably on some regular basis after that), it
triggers a swarm of queries to our servers for all the user's json tag
pages from a proxy server. Unsurprisingly, our servers throttle that
flood of queries as more users add this module and the error you are
seeing there is the fallout from that. Without understanding in
finer-grained detail the inner workings of your module I can't really
analyze the situation beyond that, but I would hope that there'd be at
least some caching and algorithmic backing-off on the proxy server
side.

Regards,
Toby Elliott
del.icio.us