-----Original Message-----
From: ydn-delicious@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of warlingham
Sent: Friday, April 11, 2008 8:44 AM
To: ydn-delicious@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [ydn-delicious] del.icio.us censoring: not showing "saved by X
other people", not on /popular..

Hello!

I've come across an interesting example of blocking / censorship on
del.icio.us.

I started a site yesterday and someone (not me) first bookmarked it on
del.icio.us just over 24 hours ago. It was then linked on prominent
blogs and YCombinator News and 86 other people bookmarked it (all
natural, no-one was asked). Despite this, on all users pages of people
who bookmarked it, and on tag pages it exists on, there are no "saved by
X other people" links.

This level of bookmarking would typically put a link into /popular, or
at least the popular page for its main tag (/popular/ruby in this case),
but since del.icio.us is failing to note the "saved by X other people"
though, it's not making it there.

What makes it all a bit suspicious is that I went to del.icio.us/url and
entered the URL manually. Ta-da, I can see the number of people who
bookmarked it. That page is here:

http://del.icio.us/url/a28d36b3f289c39be53aeef14fcca474

So if del.icio.us is engaging in censoring / blocking of certain URLs
(assuming this isn't a bug), why and how? What are the criteria? Is it
because the domain name for the site is so newly registered, for
example?

Cheers,
Peter Cooper
http://www.petercooper.co.uk/