On 10 Jan 2008, at 10:02, Rich Siegel wrote:

Aren't webarchives more flexible/editable than PDF files?

Not in any way that I'm aware. :-)

Using Safari & 10.4,

I can control-click on a .gif in a webarchive and save it independently

I can select a portion of the page including graphics and clip that to the clipboard.

I don't know how to do either of these two useful things with a .pdf of the webpage.

I've always thought that print to pdf produced a monolith that could never be disassembled again.

Martin