Yes, both scenarios are do-able. If you drag a URL to Yojimbo and have the preferences set to "create WebArchive when handling a URL" then the URL of the page will be stored in the comments field of the Yojimbo record (accessible through the Inspector). The second scenario (select some text and create a new note) can be accomplished the AppleScript. The following post provides a good starting point for a script to do that:

http://www.listsearch.com/Yojimbo/Message/index.lasso?2659

Cheers,
Rhet