and the list :D

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Tobias Gerschner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 28.06.2006 23:37
Subject: Re: [yoper-dev] improved network scripts - tester needed
To: Walter Hieber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

2006/6/28, Walter Hieber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
I'll do it. Although I must say that WIFI in Black sand for me after I
updated the kernel and built the module for my card is exceptional!!
I rebuilt the kernel to 2.6.17 and used the rt2400 module and it's
awesome and it autodetects settings no matter what wifi area I go to.
Is there really much need to redo the networking scripts. I have never
really had a problem with it in Blacksand.

Walter
P.S. If you want I'll give it a try.

Hi Walter,

I want to have proper WPA support from the operating system. And we
should be able to configure this via some nice GUI. That's what's just
not there at the moment. Also the ability to hop between WLAN's is a
must nowadays :) .  I personally have 3 independent scripts written
which I just fire up to connect to my regular hotspots. Anyway for
'THE USER' it has to be KISS ( Keep it simple and stupid)

cheers

--
Tobias Gerschner
Member of Board of Yoper Ltd. NZ

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do.