Hi,
I suggest to re-activate the page and replace the PHP script with an
announcement (also a simple txt file), just to inform the users that
the service is temporary unavailable, it's not so a good thing getting
an error page ;-)

However in order to fix the problem, I'm thinking to use a DB to store
parsed data.
A script can run once a day (or every time an admin wants) and collect
data in the DB, and another script can retrieve data from the DB and
show them in a web page.

This solution would also give the possibility to implement research of
packages in a easy way.

TobiG, can you create a DB and email me the login data? :-)

Cheers.

--
Davide "M3xican" Coppola