Hi Armin,

> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> To: yoper-dev@lists.yoper.com
> Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 18:44:07 +1300
> Subject: Re: [yoper-dev] [PACKAGERS] - Some hints to mass migrate
>
> Hi all!
>
> With the help of TobiG I wrote a simple helper, for all those who need to
> update packages. Sometimes, as you all know, it's non-trivial to get all
> depencies or reverse depencies of a package - that's what this little helper
> will calculate for you.
>
> If you upgrade a package, the script will be able to find out which packages
> you also need to rebuild/update. Also it gives you a hint (reverse depencies)
> about which packages might break after your upgrade. You should always
> investigate that listing, because if any package that's part of the
> buildenvironment depends on the package you're trying to upgrade, the update
> might result in a broken buildenvironment. You might consult TobiG or me in
> such cases ;)
>
> To use that script, you have to do the following:
>
> checkout the whole rpmlookup svn tree at $SVNROOT/yoper/projects/rpmlookup
>
> copy the file $SVNROOT/yoper/projects/rpmlookup/Default.cfg to your homedir
> at: ~/.yoperbuild/rpmlookup/Default.cfg

Better do next:
install -D $SVNROOT/yoper/projects/rpmlookup/Default.cfg
~/.yoperbuild/rpmlookup/Default.cfg

so you won't have to create any leading dirs. I also think that the cache
should be set by default at
~.yoperbuild/rpmlookup/cache, see below.

However, I don't get it to work:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~/svn/yoper/projects/rpmlookup $ ./svnCacheLookup.py -d bison
usage  ./svnCacheLookup.py -rd packagename
                -r := calculate reverse depencies
                -d := calculate depencies
[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~/svn/yoper/projects/rpmlookup $ ./svnCacheLookup.py -r bison
usage  ./svnCacheLookup.py -rd packagename
                -r := calculate reverse depencies
                -d := calculate depencies
[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~/svn/yoper/projects/rpmlookup $ cat
~/.yoperbuild/rpmlookup/Default.cfg
[Default]
cache = /home/musikolo/.yoperbuild/rpmlookup/cache
svndir = /home/musikolo/svn/yoper

[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~/svn/yoper/projects/rpmlookup $ ls -l
~/.yoperbuild/rpmlookup/
total 4
-rw-r--r--  1 musikolo users  0 2007-12-23 13:15 cache
-rwxr-xr-x  1 musikolo users 92 2007-12-23 13:13 Default.cfg
[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~/svn/yoper/projects/rpmlookup $

Is there any thing I have done wrongly?
Is there any reason why Default.cfg needs execution permissions? If it isn't,
it should be revoked.

Said this, thanks a million for this tool. I hope we all often use it and don't
have any more broken packages for quite long time...

Best regards! ;-)