Alan Milligan wrote:
Hi,

In the 3.0.x series of yum, the --installroot argument worked such that it cd/chroot'ed to this dir and *then* looked for /etc/yum.conf. In 3.1.6, it binds to /etc/yum.conf outside the installroot.

This is a complete PITA when used with mock - my chroot is no longer the sandbox I thought it was - someone's kicked over my castle!!

Is this something that someone will restore, or should I now modify my mock to pass yum -c??

Alan
I should work in the same ways in yum 3.1.x, but the problem is that the default yum.conf location has changed from /etc/yum.conf to /etc/yum/yum.conf, if you don't use an installroot, then yum will fall back to use /etc/yum.conf if /etc/yum/yum.conf is used. But if you use an installroot it will check for '/your/install/root/etc/yum/yum.conf' and it not exist then /etc/yum.conf will be used.
It will try to make it work a little smarter.

Tim