seth vidal wrote:
On Fri, 2007-05-04 at 09:07 +0200, Tim Lauridsen wrote:
This is why i think something like yum list vendors could be nice, i could show something like this

foo-1.0-1.fc7.i386                                 Vendor X
bar-1.0-2.fc7.noarch                             Vendor Y
is there a sensible situation when a single repo will have more than one
vendor contributing the same package name/arch?
or are you meaning only for installed pkgs?
Only for installed packages, i want a easy way to show the source of
the packages, the same info that a repotag will give you,
but there is no repo info in the rpmdb, the best available info is the
vendor field.
If yum contained some kind of transaction database, it could be a
place to store the source of each package.

This sounds like the kind of info we'd want to store in an installed-pkg
persistent yumdb like I mentioned last week.

Yes, it will be the perfect place to put it.

Tim