Jeremy Katz wrote:
With the new transaction handling stuff, we can actually start to get to
where grabbing the output of scriptlets is pretty doable so that it can
be more easily consumed by tools sitting on top of yum.
anaconda has been redirecting the bits to a file roughly forever (and
thus, that's the API that rpm exposes).  So we can use a pipe with only
minimal pain.  This adds a new scriptout() method that callbacks can
implement to get the output on a per-package basis.  I've made it so the
command-line can have the same behavior it's always had.  Graphical
callers can then grab to show the errors later.

Thoughts?

Jeremy