Florian Festi wrote:
Tim Lauridsen wrote:
Florian Festi wrote:
Tim Lauridsen wrote:
I tested the script with the current yum git master branch
it gives a lot of FAILED (See attached file)

> Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository:
> fedora. Please verify its path and try again

Hmm, the script currently uses the system's yum config. May be your yum configuration or the server it is pointing to is broken. (There was this F7 updates problem quite recently...)

FYI: Expect an updated version soon.

Florian
Found the problem.
yum --installroot=/tmp/xxxx somecommand don't work with repos there includes $releasever in the mirrorurl= & baseurl=, because a package providing 'redhat-release' need to be installed in the install root so yum can detect what version the system has. You must be running with some locale repos & mirrorlists, if you are not getting any error.

*Argl* yes, should have thought of this. My yum.conf is hard coded to avoid exactly this problem. There is no way in yum to tell the $ARCH and $RELVER when installing a fresh buildroot.

These steps make it work:
yumdownloader fedora-release
rpm -ivh --root=/tmp/yum-release-test fedora-release-7-3.noarch.rpm

OK, added a new config var. Default is using the yum config from the release-notes. One may switch to the local config if that helps.

Have fun

    Florian