>> I don't think the releases are necessary, but info might be helpful.
>> The releases are also tagged in SVN, are they?
>
> SVN doesn't have tags. The releases directory are the "tags". They
> should stay. And definitely the release-info directory as they contain
> the information to generate proper releases (the full bundle).

SVN tags are copies of the trunk at a specific time - that is what I meant.
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.1/ch04s06.html

I still cannot look into the test repos, but if you are saying that
"releases" contains what in ASF is usually the tag directory like
here:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/configuration/
(see tags)
then I agree, we should keep it.

But I would think twice if this would contain "ready to download
releases" in zip files. In praxi its not usual to put binary artifacts
into svn directories, and that I would avoid.

Best regards,
Christian