Hi Gavin,

On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 12:43 AM, Gav... <ga...@16degrees.com.au> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Currently you have 6133* files [1][2]without an ASL v2.0 license header.
> This means they are either unlicensed or have
> the old ez.no license header and/or other GPL/LPGL licenses.

As far as I can see only test files do not have (or have incorrect)
license headers.

> These all need changing/removing and ASL v2.0 license headers adding.
>
> * - 6133 files are tested in 'trunk' only so far, none of your other
> branches have been checked yet but they will be next.
>
> (your  website pages also do not pass validator tests but that's also for
> another time)
>
> I am offering to help migrate your files (a chunk at a time) to use the
> Apache License.
>
> Let me know if this offer is appreciated/wanted and I'll get started and
> provide patches.

It is. I have one question though:
How non text/plain files are supposed to be handled regarding the license ?
For example Archive/tests/data/ezpublish.ott is an OpenOffice.org
file, does it require
any license header as well ? If so adding a license for that kind of
document might break
a couple of tests.

> (as an aside, in my own quest to learn more about various projects Git
> workflows I'd also like
> to provide some of these patches via git patch and/or pull requests etc so
> please let me know
> how I can do that at any stage and if its welcomed)

Would it be acceptable for you to use the reviewboard instance ?

Thanks :)

--
Jérôme Renard
http://39web.fr | http://jrenard.info | http://twitter.com/jeromerenard