Hello:

Long, long ago,in a far away land, I seem to recall having a zeo config
that utilized the auth features. Looking to reimplement them again.
Googling, e.g.:

<http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope/2005-October/161951.html>

indicates I need to patch a couple files in lib/python/ZODB.

So I am wondering why this might be?  Is there some reason why auth
digest stuff is not included by default?  I'm suspecting there must
be some undocumented gotcha's?

Next question is if not the above then what are people doing to restict
unauthorized acces to zeo server other than firewall rules?

btw-- This is on Zope2.9, python2.4, and FreeBSD6.0

TIA-

--
Best regards,

Ken Gunderson