On 12/6/06, Jerry Jelinek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
lofs mount.  Why are you using inherited-pkg-dirs for some of the
/opt subdirectories?  Is there a reason you don't want to just use
lofs mounts for those too?

In my environment, I have made inherited /opt by default for all new
zones created.  This has caused problems here and there when zones
need to install software in /opt (or mount existing NFS/SAN file
systems there).  The workaround has been one of the following:

1) Create the mount point in the global zone (yuck)
2) Rebuild the zone without inherited /opt (yuck)

As I look forward to possibly including blastwave in standard images,
I am thinking that Chris' approach of inherit-pkg-dir of /opt/csw (and
any other kinda big directories in /opt) is the more proper way to go.

Mike

--
Mike Gerdts
http://mgerdts.blogspot.com/