Hi,

Starting from a sample file that Jerry had sent me, I did some more
tests with various sysconfig file settings and found:

---

system_locale=C
   (as per Jerry's sample) works

system_locale=en_US.UTF-8
   works after I added the following to file
/usr/lib/brand/ipkg/pkgcreatezone in the global zone (after line 179)
before starting the installation of the zone:

#
# Get some locale and language packages:
#
pkglist="$pkglist SUNWloc SUNWlang-enUS"

I found out the packages by looking into /usr/share/locale and
/usr/lib/locale and searching for locales using
"pkg search en_US.UTF-8", for example.

A package that contains several languages, for example, is: SUNWinstall-l10n

---

root_password=(long password string from 2008.11's /etc/shadow file)
   did not work for me (but maybe the correct password string would be
only a substring of the second record in /etc/shadow - I haven't looked
into the details).

root_password=(short password string from Solaris 10's /etc/shadow file)
   works fine. The old password string will be put into the new
/etc/shadow file of the 2008.11 zone but can later be changed from the
command line and will then be replaced by a long string.

---

keyboard=...
   is apparently not needed, as the terminal and keyboard works fine for
me even without that parameter.

---

name_service=NONE
   works fine. When using

name_service=DNS
   When the system cannot verify some of the information, it displays
just one confirmation screen (as usual, after configuring the same
settings by hand) and after choosing "No" to not enter the information
again and using <esc>-2, the rest of the sysidcfg configuration remains
intact and will not be asked again, and shortly afterwards the login
prompt is displayed.

---

terminal=xterm
   did not work well with the configuration screen mentioned above
(cursor was not displayed in the correct line) in gnome-terminal.

terminal=xterms
   (as per Jerry's sample) worked fine.

Regards,

Bernd