Christian,

it's obvious, that Xsun can't start, because in LOCAL Zones, normally no
access to GLOBAL resources is allowed.

So, you would need to define/reconfigure either

the Gnome-login process to NOT use Xsun, but use a virtual Xserver like Xvfb

or

allow the zone access to the framebuffer (but you would also need to allow
access to /dev/mouse and the standard keyboard, which would "steal" the
keyboard from the sys-admin in the global zone, so this is discouraged!

        Matthias

You(Christian Meier) wrote:
> Dear List
>
> I'm facing the following problem:
>
> We want to "move" Solaris Workstations into Solaris 10 lokal Zones using
> the p2v feature by Solaris 10 Update 9+
>
> We created a flash-Archive from the Workstation and installed this Flash
> on in a local zone.
> The Installation and also the post-install which removes all the SMF
> Services doesn't belong to lokal Zones was successfull.
>
> All the Services and also packages installed on the workstation are working.
> The only Problem we have now is, that the Xsun process does not start,
> because he need/want a frame buffer device.
>
> cde-login Service is running
> Xsun not, if I try to start it it claims about the missing /dev/fb devices
>
> Because Users are used to connect to the dtlogin-Screen this should run.
> Starting gome-session through X-Tunnel is working.
>
> -bash-3.2# svcs -vx cde-login
> svc:/application/graphical-login/cde-login:default (CDE login)
>  State: online since January 31, 2012 11:09:00 PM MET
>    See: man -M /usr/dt/share/man -s 1 dtlogin
>    See: /var/svc/log/application-graphical-login-cde-login:default.log
> Impact: None.
>
> -bash-3.2# ps -ef | grep dtlo
>     root  8885  8877   0 23:09:41 pts/2       0:00 grep dtlo
>     root  8690  8327   0 23:09:01 ?           0:00 /usr/dt/bin/dtlogin
> -daemon
>
> -bash-3.2# ps -ef | grep Xsun
>     root  8887  8877   0 23:09:46 pts/2       0:00 grep Xsun
>
> -bash-3.2# /usr/openwin/bin/Xsun
> /dev/fb: No such file or directory
> /dev/fb: No such file or directory
> Graphics Adapter device /dev/fb is of unknown type
>
> Fatal server error:
> InitOutput: Error loading module for /dev/fb
>
> -bash-3.2#
>
> -bash-3.2# svcs -vx
> -bash-3.2# pkginfo -p
> -bash-3.2# uname -rv
> 5.10 Generic_147440-09
> -bash-3.2#
>
> thank you for any suggestions
> Christian

Matthias Pfützner | Tel.: +49 700 PFUETZNER      | Wer Recht erkennen will, muß
Lichtenbergstr.73 | mailto:matth...@pfuetzner.de | zuvor in richtiger Weise
D-64289 Darmstadt | AIM: pfuetz, ICQ: 300967487  | gezweifelt haben.
Germany      | http://www.pfuetzner.de/matthias/ | (Aristoteles)