Simplified: when a server comes back up it checks it's local snaps/logs to
reconstruct as much of the "current state" as possible. It then checks with
the leader to see how far behind it is, at which point it either gets a diff
or gets a full snapshot (from the leader) depending on how far behind it is.

Patrick

On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 8:11 PM, Avinash Lakshman <avinash.laksh...@gmail.com
> wrote:

> Hi All
>
> Are snapshots serialized dumps of the DataTree taken whenever a log rolls
> over? So when a server goes down and comes back up does it construct the
> data tree from the snapshots? What if I am running this on a machine with
> SSD as extended RAM how does it affect anything?
>
> Cheers

  • snapshots Avinash Lakshman
    • Re: snapshots Patrick Hunt