Generally, I think a better way to do this is to use a standard mock object
framework.  Then you don't have to fake up an interface.

But the original poster probably has a need to do integration tests more
than unit tests.  In such tests, they need to test against a real ZK to make
sure that their assumptions about the semantics of ZK are valid.