I'm not aware of sustained 1k/sec, Ben might know how long the 20k/sec test
runs for (and for how long that rate is sustained). You'd definitely want to
tune the GC, GC related pauses would be the biggest obstacle for this
(assuming you are using a dedicated log device for the transaction logs).

Patrick