On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 3:27 PM, Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com> wrote:

> These corner cases are relatively rare, I would think (I personally keep
> logs around for days or longer).

A concern I would have is that it does add complexity, would be hard to
debug...

> Would it be possible to get a partial solution in place that invokes the
> current behavior if logs aren't available?

Seems like it's possible. The issue of finding a viable solution (one where,
for example, the memory overhead is limited) is still an issue though. In
the end it wouldn't really help the end user, given they would still have to
code for this corner case.

Patrick