No. Internally we use an atomic broadcast protocol (which is what Paxos
would provide us) to keep the replicas in sync, but the protocol is much
simpler than Paxos. We take advantage the fact that we use FIFO channels
(TCP) and always use a leader along with some operational rules which
results in a much simpler high performance protocol.

ben