--On 5. Juni 2005 14:07:52 -0400 Tim Peters <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

[Tim Peters]
Please check the md5 on the installer you used, to make sure it's the
_current_ installer.  It should be

$ md5sum Z*
fb9aec9e3a0e5b3487752d5b7b798df6 *Zope-2.8.0-b2-win32.exe

[Andreas Jung]
That's what I have. My box (vmware) is pretty much a new XP installation
with no old Python installation except a local Zope installation which
its own Python (but not registered anywhere in the registry).

I'm not sure what local Zope installation (LZI) means.  Running a
Windows Zope installer always writes registry keys, so if your LZI was
created by running a Windows Zope installer, you do have stuff in the
registry pointing at it.  I don't know why that would matter, but
maybe it does.

So what would be the solution to get b2 running without touching this installation (which I need for my work)?

Andreas