On 9/17/13 1:47 PM, Jim Fulton wrote:
I strongly prefer that the reviewer do the merge.

I'd also really like reviewers to take their responsibility
seriously, making comments and suggestions where appropriate.

Software review, done well, improves the software, and, more
importantly, improves the developers.

I agree - I know I get better from recieving feedback :-)

Is this "reviewer role" something someone takes upon himself? I mean, if I see a pull request for a code base that I know, I could review the request?

Or do we acknowledge a group of people that generally do reviews (again formally of informally, I don't mind, I'm not looking for "official procedures")?

In any case, a second pair of eyes before merging is very helpful!

regards, jw

p.s. Another thing I noticed: some of the discussion about changes and patches and fixes now shift from the mailinglist to github. This is fine, I guess.