Martijn Faassen wrote:
dynamically generated class for templates that don't have classes of
themselves. I know you were there when we created this one. :)

        class TemplateView(grok.View):
            template = unassociated
            module_info = module_info_

of course the instances of this class do nothing the developer has to
interact with. As soon as the developer provides a view class of their
own, there's no dynamically generated class anymore. I think that this
is an acceptable use of the pattern.

I'm not sure. Debugging becomes a nightmare with generated classes, which is how I ran into these problems in the first place.

Can you explain what the what the above code snippet actually does?

I've done it too recently in the form support. The *real* formlib-level
form class is dynamically created for each grok-level form:

    class RealEditForm(form.EditForm):
        form_fields = get_form_fields(factory, context)
        actions = actions_

This one is a bit more scary, as the end-user interacts with an
*instance* of this class; the form attribute on grok-level forms is one.

There must be a nicer way :-S

cheers,

Chris

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk