Jürgen Herrmann wrote:
to not clutter the zodb-dev list, i'll write you personally...

It's what the list is here for, please keep CC'ing it or you're unlikely to get a response in the future...

arent't these two code snippets doing the same?

class MyClass:
  myTemplate = PageTemplateFile(...)

and:

class MyClass:
  def initTemplates(self):
    myTemplate = PageTemplateFile(...)
    setattr(self.__class__, 'myTemplate', myTemplate)
# calling initTemplates() once at startup.

Almost certainly not. I have no idea where 'self' in your second example comes from, but I'd almost bet it isn't what you expect...

i'm actually doing this since long,

That doesn't make it right ;-)

because i initialize page template
files found in a certain directory by calling initTemplates() once on
zope startup. this way i don't have to add a line for each template,
the code simply iterates over all .pt files in the directory...

Interesting, but there are likely to be problems with it. Not least of which: how are you adding security declarations for those new methods?

actually i have fixed my initial problem by replacing ImageFile with
ExternalFile, which behaves differently and sets the correct content-
type headers if it has a content_type property.

That doesn't sounds like such a hot idea. My understanding was that ExternalFile was for storing _content_ files on the filesystem...

cheers,

Chris

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk