Jens Vagelpohl wrote:

On Jul 8, 2008, at 18:51 , Erik Myllymaki wrote:

I am using LDAPUserFolder-2.9 with Zope 2.10.6 on Ubuntu 7.

It is working well, users can log in and I can map groups to Zope roles.

However, I was hoping that I could assign groups local roles, so that I can allow groups to be 'Managers' only in certain sub-folders of our site.

Is this possible with LDAPUF, do I need additional packages, have i set it up incorrectly?

Erik,

The LDAPUserFolder itself has nothing to do with local roles per se. It also has no concept by itself of groups as Zope knows them in certain applications like Plone. The LDAPUserFolder equates group records in LDAP with roles in Zope, not with groups.

You're not providing any information about what your application looks like and what you're trying to achieve, but you may find more functionality (like Zope group support) by using the PluggableAuthService user folder in conjunction with the LDAPMultiPlugins product.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I use PAS, LDAPUserFolder and LDAMPMultiPluggins with Pone and I guess that is the functionality I am looking for with this Zope instance as well; the ability to map groups to local roles, instead of just users to local roles in subfolders and not site-wide (as LDAPUserFolder by itself already allows me to do).

I will install those products and see how it goes.