Von: Zope <zope-boun...@zope.org> im Auftrag von Jens Vagelpohl <j...@netz.ooo>
Gesendet: Freitag, 21. Mai 2021 12:47
An: zope-annou...@zope.org <zope-annou...@zope.org>; zope@zope.org Users
<zope@zope.org>
Betreff: Re: [Zope] Zope 4.6 and 5.2 released with an important security fix

Hi Jürgen,

Zope and Plone are still two different projects. The Plone developers published
a hotfix product that fixes everything they believe needed to be fixed. I
looked at items that apply to plain Zope and made the required changes in Zope.

So anyone using plain Zope can install the latest update and they are safe. As
a plain Zope developer I cannot comment on or make recommendations regarding a
Plone hotfix, and Zope itself will never require a Plone add-on or hotfix. I
don’t have any control over how the Plone release managers communicate these
fixes, either. People who do not use Plone are advised to stick to published
Zope updates.

jens