Are you sure you're not running 9.1?

Have you changed the machines gestalt ID or do you have any CPU
upgrades installed?

The installer should not even have allowed you to run an installation
of anything over 9.1 on a stock 6100.

Just for kicks, though, I tried running an un-patched installer for
9.2.1 to see what happens.  As expected, the installer quit telling me
my machine was not supported.

So I guess I go back to my original question: has anyone tried this
patch for 9.2.x on a 6300 before?  Is it compatible or will I break my
System and have to do a clean install?

Thanks,
  Nat

On 6/4/05, Nat Hall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hey listers...
>
> I have a PowerMac/Performa 6300 running OS 9.1
>
> I would like to run 9.2.2 on it, if possible.  I know 9.2.2 is not
> officially supported, but I know about the patch that allows 9.2.2 to
> install on some unsupported machines.  The patch website is not very
> specific on what models are supported.
>
> Has anyone used this patch with 9.2.2 or 9.2.1 on a 6300 before with
> any success?  I'm not going to try it unless I've heard from someone
> that it'll work...
>
> Thanks,
>  Nat

  --> AOL users, remove "mailto:";
Send list messages to:   <mailto:1st-powermacs@mail.maclaunch.com>
To unsubscribe, email:   <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
For digest mode, email:  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subscription questions:  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
List archive:            <http://mail.maclaunch.com/lists/1st-powermacs/>

iPod Accessories for Less
at 1-800-iPOD.COM
Fast Delivery, Low Price, Good Deal