On 19/05/2014 07:53, Paul Sandoz wrote:
If i don't have permission to push to the client repo (which might be likely) i
will need to hand over the patch to yourself or Sergey to commit. And i presume
this will have to be a separate issue.
If you do decide to split this then it will require creating a second issue JIRA to avoid running foul of jcheck when jdk/client eventually pushes to jdk/dev. I don't know how often jdk9/client integrates into jdk9/dev but it doesn't seem to be very frequent (hg incoming suggests there is currently about a month of changes backed up in jdk9/client but there may be issues to explain this).

For this specific case then it doesn't seem worth it, it would be much less effort to just push the lot to jdk9/dev. Clearly if there were substantive changes then it would be important to push the changes to the forest where they are most likely to get tested but it hardly seems worth it here. From what I can tell then Phil or others sync up jdk9/client regularly and that might be the most efficient way to get these changes into jdk9/client.

-Alan