From: Jayathirth D V
Sent: Thursday, October 08, 2015 2:20 PM
To: 2d-dev@openjdk.java.net; Philip Race; Sergey Bylokhov
Subject: [OpenJDK 2D-Dev] <OpenJDK 2D-Dev> Review request for JDK-7182758:
BMPMetadata returns invalid PhysicalPixelSpacing

Hello All,

Please review following fix in jdk9:

Bug : https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-7182758

Webrev : http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~rchamyal/jay/7182758/webrev.00/

Bug : BMPMetadata returns invalid PhysicalPixelSpacing

Root cause : Whenever XPixelsPerMter or YPixelsPerMeter is more than value 1 in
BMP header. Horizontal & Vertical Physical pixel spacing were returned as zero.

                          In getStandardDimensionNode() method of
BMPMetadata.java we are dividing 1 by XPixelsPerMter/ YPixelsPerMter. When

                          XPixelsPerMter/ YPixelsPerMter is more than 1.
Resulted value is stored without decimal part, which resulted in zero.

Solution : Made changes to how Horizontal & Vertical Physical pixel spacing is
calculated so that decimal value is not truncated.

Thanks,

Jay