This is fine for JDK 9 + 10 but the reason CFF fonts are discarded
is that we weren't supporting them properly in Oracle JDK until 9.
We should have removed this check in 9 but it was forgotten.

If you backport this to 7 and 8 it will be a problem there - for
Oracle JDK, not OpenJDK.

Although it won't matter for openjdk7 .. since Oracle isn't using that
forest any more

But it will be an issue for 8. Not sure how to handle that but
it should not be backported without a resolution there.

-phil.