Sergey,

Le 8 mars 2018 21:21, "Sergey Bylokhov" <sergey.bylok...@oracle.com> a
écrit :

On 06/03/2018 00:38, Laurent Bourgès wrote:

> Yes d3d/ogl are defered rendering so using RenderQueue buffering has costs
> (1 extra mask copy + command arguments). I wonder how to improve such
> buffer queue to have less synchronization overhead induced by flushNow(),
> and why increasing the buffer improved so much the performance (less JNI
> overhead, more threads ?)

It is unclear the reason of speedup, it can be possible that you just fill
the render queue and then calculate some performance numbers before
something was drawn to the destination.

I suppose the queue is drained too quickly on my fast gpu and is too small
to feed the gpu... maybe I am wrong.

I could try adding Toolkit.synch() to ensure rendering ops are finished. I
will have a look to j2dbench source code to better understand. Finally I
have to run j2dbench on windows to have other certified numbers...

Definitely it is more related to awt... and propose to postpone using large
tiles on other platforms than linux for the moment.

I will not test gdi nor x11 as nowadays the officially supported pipelines
> are xrender (linux), opengl (mac) & d3d (windows).

If I not missed then by default gdi is used on the Intel HD(which is quite
common).

How is it enabled ? Using sun.java2d.d3d=false ?

Thanks for your help,
Laurent