Here's your webrev with a jtreg compliant test added :
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~prr/8235904/

I verified the test behaves properly under jtreg -
 before the fix jtreg kills it on time out
 after the fix it finishes quickly and successfully

Outside of jtreg it also exits properly although jtreg is the normal way to run it.

This is all +1 from me but I think someone else should sign off on this too since I
don't want to self-review the test.

-phil.