On Wed, 7 Apr 2021 04:12:55 GMT, Prasanta Sadhukhan <psadhuk...@openjdk.org>
wrote:

>> [Code Conventions for
>> Java](https://www.oracle.com/java/technologies/javase/codeconventions-indentation.html#248)
>>  say, “Line wrapping for `if` statements should generally use the 8-space
>> rule, since conventional (4 space) indentation makes seeing the body
>> difficult.” (It's the second to last block on the page.)
>
> If we are adding a new line, then I think we should need to add at l129, l138
> otherwise it will look odd doing it at one place only.

I haven't touched that code at all.
Not that odd because it's isolated to the new function now.

What is your suggestion? Refactor all if statements in these two functions?
Submit a separate bug for refactor all if statements the entire file? Revert
back to no new line, leaving this particular if untouched as well?