> Obviously they're not trying to profit from it if they're giving it a
> bad review. They are discouraging people from buying it.

C'mon JT - They have it available for sale.  They are, trying to or not,
profiting from its sale.
Not attempting to profit from it would mean not offering it for sale.  Take
it off the shelf and off the website. No sale - no profit.
It's that simple.  There is no grey area here.  No negotiating.  It's
either selling it and making money, or not selling it and not making money.
Dissuading the sale through a sh!t review is bad form and is just mean
spirited.  It's not fair to the artist.  They should send the record back
to the distributor so that it can be sold via someone who will properly
promote it.

> They're a record store and they can't just not carry it because they
> don't like it.

Yes they can.  It's their store.

> I disagree. It made me laugh and it made me respect them for being
> honest. I only tell customers that records suck over the phone...

Honesty has it's root in honor aka "a showing of usually merited respect".
It was an dishonorable review from a dishonest business.
Period.

MEK