Okay, before I go on with my question, keep in mind that I am by no means
a trance fan AT ALL (at least trance fans by the convnetional definition).
Like every good 313 technohead, phrases like "Paul Okenfold sucks," "Epic
trance is cheese," and "Hey Pete Tong, I got your 'Essnetial Selection'
right here!" have become an integrated part of my discorse when talking
about all things electronic.

However, while looking through the Submerge site (which is someing I
honestly do everyday....I am going nuts waiting for version 2.0) I noticed
that Red Planet 1 - 3 are labeled as "trance."  I own all three of those
records, and musically, yes they do sound like trance (or at least what
trance would sound like if it had soul and if it was good).  Furthermore,
I have heard a few old releases on Generator that if released today, would
probably be considered "trance" (again, GOOD trance with SOUL).

I do not mean to insult red planet or generator, as they are some of my
favroite labels (and T-1000 one of my favroite djs), however, I wounder,
how much influence did we have on the development of trance?  I understand
that the aforementioned releases could easily also be considered techno,
as UR defines techno as... "a music-based experimentation: it is sacred to
no one race; it has no definitive sound.  It is music for the future of
the human race" however, I am just curious to see if we DID in fact
influence trance.  It would be a bit ironic if we did, though nothing to
be ashamed of.  Red Planet and Generator are/were 2 EXCELLENT labels.

        -christos