> >Techno has no single political, social, economic banner in which all
stand
> >united, none at all.
>
> What artistic, social or political movement ever has? None.

fine rebuttal, but there *was* a general underlying common drive.  Every
youth music movement has had a general drive, be it war or whatever.  Art,
the surrealists had an actual drafted manifesto, Bauhaus, Realists, ect.
They all had a unifying definition and a common goal.  But with techno, has
no general and definable base...

I am seeing that I am choosing the wrong words, damn.

OK, lets try this.  The Punk movement in the UK had specific reasons and
broad unified complaints, despite the internal punk factions.  There main
complaint was the Queen and the dole (I'm from America, so forgive me if I
am general).  The 60's movement, obviously, had both war and civil rights,
the swing era had an oppressive morality system in which it was fighting, I
could go on and on.  So invite someone to say, the techno movement has
_______.  fill in the blank.

BTW, I often sound heated in typing, I am not, I enjoy this debate, in fact
I just submitted a paper to the sociology dept. today for review (albeit,
dealing more with the rave scene)

darw_n

"create, demonstrate, toneshift..."
http://www.mp3.com/stations/clevelandunderground