(Thanks Diana for giving me a window....)

About a month ago, perhaps talking about the "Juan Atkins is on crack"
bullshit rumor, I think I posted something to the effect that I didn't
think that drugs should be associated either implicitly or explicitly with
the dance music scene.

Though no one cussed me out, a couple of people disagreed with me in
various degrees.  I didn't address their disagreements, because looking at
the message I'd originally sent, I sounded like an "old fuddy-duddy."
Like somebody's daddy.

Well....I happen to BE somebody's daddy!  ;)

But furthermore, it seems that there are at least two distinct dance
cultures...at least in Detroit.  One scene deals with weed....if it deals
with drugs at all.  The other scene deals with ecstasy and other
substances.  I've only attended the former functions....never the latter.
For me, the music was all I needed to get high.....

I guess what I am interested in is the root of the difference.  Is it age?
Is it the way the population became aware of the music?  What?

peace
lks