let's please not get into golden ear debates, ok? i've had enough arguments about Shakti stones, green markers, spikes, and silver litz cables for this lifetime.

Mike

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: 313@hyperreal.org
Subject: Re: [313] vinyl - digital
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 09:04:10 -0400

Back in 1991-1992 a rumor floated around that if you colored the edge of
your cd's with a green marker, they would sound better. Car audio nuts were
buying into it until someone proved it false. When I worked at Jam Sounds
during those years, lots of people tried it and said to me "... the music
sounds the same, what's the big deal?"

This is similar.

The data on a CD is still going to be the same, cold or warm. It'll sound
no different.

"Paul Hudson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 04/11/2001 07:00:20 AM