> I love old Landstrumm from the Peacefrog days. Played some tonight. Since
> then a lot of it has been "close but no cigar" for me. His contribution to
> one of the New Electronica comps was quite nice and a good change of pace
> though. The Blue Arsed Fly stuff was nice too. I don't think Russ
> Gabrielle's "In The Bag" remix has ever strayed too far from my crate (not
> that that really counts).

Definitely with you here... "In The Bag" is superb. The previous Blue Arsed
Fly release, it might have been on Sativae?, I had to get rid of because of
the disgusting label art :) I also prefer his earlier stuff on Peacefrog,
the Index Man EP being essential - none of this shows up so often these
days, either. I had the good fortune to catch Landstrumm live at Sativae
many years ago (where Tarrida was resident DJ, a job to which he is better
suited IMO) where he climbed down onto the stage from the lighting rig. He
used to work in a video shop out Tollcross way, too. What a time for techno
in Edinburgh that was: Sativae every other week with Pure being good in
between!

Jonny.