----- Original Message -----
From: "Jernej Marusic" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'Jayson B.'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <313@hyperreal.org>
Sent: Friday, December 20, 2002 12:54 PM
Subject: RE: (313) ableton live 2 beta 2 out (public)

> One way for doing live PAs would be to get a bunch of musicians playing
> live keyboards... and you would be behind the mixer working the effects,
> and kind of conducting them when to play something... If you are alone
> it's not physically possible to really play everything live.

This is kind of what the Aux Men performance at DEMF was like this year.

> When I saw mad Professor live, it was something similar. He had a band
> playing on the stage, and he was playing the mixer and effects.

Yeah. I've seen him twice now, once with mixing board at DEMF, and once on
keyboard and Effects in support of Lee 'Scratch' Perry at SXSW. The DEMF
show was pretty awesome and the SXSW show was really unbelieveable, but at
this point I think you're talking more about forming an electronic band than
orchestrating a live PA, for whatever that semantic difference is worth.

Tristan
=======
Text/Mixes: http://phonopsia.tripod.com
Music: http://www.mp313.com
Contact: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

New Mix in mp3, 'Live in Iowa City' available for
a short time from http://phonopsia.isoprax.com