Haven't heard the strings of life remix by Danny Krivit...and guess I don't
need to. (Danny Krivit was my least favourite of the three Body and Soul
DJs--too many vocals, while Joe Clausel was too much freakin eq-ing and
turning the volume way up. Francois K had just the right amount of vocals
and the just the right amount of eq-ing. Something like the three bears, I
guess).

So it's no surprise I like the Francois K re-edits which are around at the
moment.  I picked up Love is the Message by MFSB and Jezebel Spirit by
Brian Eno and David Byrne from My Life in the Bush of Ghosts. The Jezebel
Spiritre-edit is really really good.
james

                      "Philip"

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]         To:      "313"
<313@hyperreal.org>
                      edu.au>                  cc:      (bcc: James
Bucknell/ARD/AU/ReadersDigest)
                                               Subject: (313) various

                      16/12/03 03:37

                      AM

Cripes that new version of 'strings of life' is truly repulsive. I
always though those body & soul types did some dodgy mixes but this is
pants. Who's the piano player ? mrs mills ?

Last night i was listening to steve reich's 'music for 18 musicians'.
Yum. The ( cello? ) player's name is ken ishii. Not the same one,
obviously. I thought that some of it sounded very rhythim is rhythim.
Anyone care to take a guess what tempo this is in ? spose i could try &
work it out myself...