From: Cyclone Wehner [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: 09 March 2004 12:47
To: 313 Detroit
Subject: Re: (313) what's your favorite track/album right now?

It's not techno/house but I am totally enamoured with the Kanye West album
The College Dropout - esp Never Let Me Down and Jesus Walks. The production
is excellent - he's developed the Blueprint template - and the lyrics
insightful, astute and candid.

as far as techno, i'm pretty into the new Damon Wild doublepack on Kanzleramt. especially "mr mean" and "halflife." the combo of "tough" stompy drums and totally wussed out synths is, in general, pretty unbeatable, imo.

as far as rock music, i'd always have to go with Lungfish and the Lungfish side-project The Pupils on Dischord. if you want to give them a shot, i think i'd recommend starting with Lungfish's "Sound in Time," completely amazing start to finish.

not that i necessarily think you've never heard these records, but those are the things i'm into right now.

also, i'd agree with Chad about Stars of the Lid. droning, largely guitar based, i think, ambient. and the show they played in urbana last year was one of the best i've seen. which i think is saying a lot, considering i'm an impatient guy and it was an ambient show.

eric