You're right.  I don't want to remain a kid.  I guess that I was just trying to
figure out why a kid's imagination is so vivid until he get's older, but you
are right.  When one gains knowledge, he is able to imagine on a deeper level,
provided his brain isn't full of too much knowledge=)

On Wed, 14 November 2001, "Christian Bloch" wrote:

> > My point from the get-go is that knowledge replaces imagination.  If you
> don't agree with me, then please give me your reasoning behind the loss of
> imagination as one gets older.  All I am saying is that if you are going to
> study science, it would be ideal to try and keep an open mind to the
> unknown.  That is basically what Jeff Mills is saying in his interview and I
> am just saying that I agree with him.  Why does that piss people off and
> urge them to toss personal attacks about intelligence?
> >

> no TJ... knowledge doesn't replace imagination, it's the basis of it.. do
> you think jeff mills could have imagined or realized his music when he was
> aa kid? lack of knowledge doesn't create imagination, it creates
> ignorance... blissful as it may seem, it's not the same as imagination. it
> does cause less worries etc. but imagination, no.... knowledge does that,
> you need something to spark your imagination. the point you are making that
> you should always keep an open mind is very valid, your arguments just don't
> hold water.... if you'd prefer to remain a child i feel very sorry for you,
> that seems very ignorant to me. if you, however, want to keep an open mind
> studying whatever, then we're on the same wavelength... but please don't say
> that knowledge replaces imagination, that's just plain wrong. knowledge
> feeds it.
>
> Christian Bloch
> http://mp3.com/bloch
> http://www.mp313.com/christianbloch.htm
>
> Tresor/LL/Deep Night Essentials/Simple Muzik/Funque
> Droppings/Set.Go/Restructured

TJ
www.wireframerecords.com
www.outrecords.com