That's good to hear that he's still around and is still making music!

My experience was pretty similar; after having discovered the hyperreal
mailing lists in 1993 and suddenly finding this fast-growing global
electronic music movement. In fact, right the way up until 1996, the
internet for me was almost exclusively a means for communicating with
other like-minded people about electronic music. Usenet, mailing lists
and IRC were pretty much it, as my computer was way too under-specced to
actually look at web sites in those days! But I'd never realised how
many Americans were actually on uk-dance, and now I come to think of it
I was actually on sf-raves for a while myself...

Brendan