Hello Julian et al,

I’ve resolved my unrelated issues and now I'm pretty sure the process to
install several servers with a common config host using inf files is this.  I’d
love some feedback from others if you feel this is wrong, this is just from
trial and error on my part and it’s not particularly intuitive:

Do an install with setup-ds-admin.pl —keepcache

Take the resulting .inf and change:
SlapdConfigForMC = yes on the server you want to install the config tree,
SlapdConfigForMC = no on the rest, and
UseExistingMC = 0 on the server you want to install the config tree, and
UseExistingMC = 1 on the rest and

Also put adm.conf at /etc/dirsrv/admin-serv/adm.conf.

Here’s an update to the links below, I renamed the .inf template.  These should
be immutable:
https://github.com/morganllj/ansible-playbooks/blob/3bf0fa9ee5c69c10940eaa2163b6d69155767475/templates/389_install.inf.j2
https://github.com/morganllj/ansible-playbooks/blob/3bf0fa9ee5c69c10940eaa2163b6d69155767475/templates/adm.conf.j2
https://github.com/morganllj/ansible-playbooks/blob/3bf0fa9ee5c69c10940eaa2163b6d69155767475/install_389.yml