Hi all,

suddenly one of our ldap-servers crashed and don't restart.

When restarting dirsrv we find in logs:

libdb: BDB2034 unable to allocate memory for mutex; resize mutex region
mmap in opening database environment failed trying to allocate 500000
bytes. (OS err 12 - Cannot allocate memory)

Same error, if we run dbverify.

We are running version 3.5.17 of 389-ds on debian stretch:

389-ds                            1.3.5.17-2

Ram doesn't seem to be the problem. Only 200 MB of 4GB is used.

The server is part of a replicated cluster. Other servers (running same
software version - more or less on the same virtualisation hardware) are
not affected.

But we got similar errors also some times in the past. But restarting
the service was always possible.

Any ideas?

Thanks and kind regards
Jan