Keith,

I run my application and a few oem versions on webfusion windows vps ie
similar to aws but cheaper. I use nginx on windows with this build

http://nginx-win.ecsds.eu/

This means you can run the proxy on the same machine as 4D which has some
advantages if you need to cache static files so that they are not served by
the 4D server. I'm running 4 versions of the application on single server
and nginx proxies requests to each depending on the domain name. The server
has a public IP address  and nginx proxies to local host and different port
numbers.

For ssl I use lets envrypt and nginx does the ssl bit so 4d is http only.

Regards
Paul