+ 1 to the message from Paul Dennis. Let's break the entire process down
into different steps manually first and then Automate everything:

- Setup a new server for the client when the client sign up for an account
with us (in this case Synergist - Perhaps triggered by an online
registration form which registers the customer in DB with appropriate
templates to enable/disable selected services from a list and then add next
action in the sequence of events - set up new server windows machine.
- Above step we presume customer paid successfully and ready to launch
Synergist Instance preconfigured and tailored for their needs
- We spin a new bare bone machine EC2 with windows 2008 or 2012 server
software ( data centre edition of windows 64 bit OS) should do.
- Download Synergist code and default sample datafile or startup empty
datafile. Let's say we pull latest code from GitHub
- Install Synergist code (might be merged app server or single user) not
sure yet. Also make sure latest web folder is copied form a central
repository.
- Install 4D server or runtime if not merged
- Install 4D licences
- Copy the demo .4DD from a single source server with some sample data
perhaps tailored as per the selected services from the list by the client
- Create 4DLink file to make sure 4DB/4DC are wedded with .4DD file we just
copied
- Make sure web server config is setup, setup appropriate ports for
http/https server. Make sure we record the IP of the new machine. If behind
NAT then we need to know private network IP so we can then add into NGINX
to work as a proxy at the front.
- Open ports in the firewall 80/443 as required
- Launch the Synergist web server
- Notify the registered client about how to login to the new system

All of the steps can be automated with config mgmt. systems such as
Ansible, Jenkins, Chef and PuppetLabs etc. Or you can use simple batch
files, ssh files to automate all steps.

I was thinking about one linux machine small instance at the front for each
client but then you will need one linux box per machine and then windows
box for Synergist backend DB/App. So you could just setup one nginx large
instance which takes care of the entire traffic. Wildcard DNS entry can
also be pre-ready and all set. So the entire traffic to the backend
instances for each client can be proxied via one linux box with nginx using
sub domains system with wildcard DNS entry all pre-pointing to Linux Box
IP. Enable caching of static content on the nginx linux machine itself so
once cached back-end machine do not even care about serving static files.

I will send you some ideas via email in private!!!

Regards / Bal